Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sick.

'I cannot go to school today,'
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
'I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more-that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut-my eyes are blue-
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke-
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is-what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is...Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play! '

Unfortunately, it's not Saturday. And unfortunately I feel like I have as many maladies as Miss Peggy Ann McKay. The Doctor who saw me today diagnosed me with a sinus infection, tonsillitis, pink eye and bordering on an ear infection. She said I was an overachiever.

I'm a Mama to two little girls. I'm a homeschooling Mama to two little girls. I'm a homeschooling Mama to two little girls who committed to attending an interpreting class on Wednesday and to go back to work on Friday. I have a lot going on. I've looked at my manual several times and I've yet to find the code that gets me out of this. Parlay? Uncle? Mercy?

Okay. I'm finished whining. =) Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9. =)

1 comment:

agable said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Shannon! I hope you get some rest and feel better very soon.