Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Big Three

Based on one of our latest Library finds- "Pajama Day", Caiden has called a McLaughlin Pajama Day for this gray and drippy morning. Super fun! We're going to have breakfast for lunch and wear our p.j's. In honor of our pajama day, I though I would write a proper post about my big three year old. This post was inspired by our bed time conversation last night. (Plus, I knew I needed to get this down before I forgot it! ) =)



After I got Addison down last night, I snuck back into Caiden's room to snuggle with her and help her settle down. We usually tell stories during this time, but last night I decided to take the time to really get to know my daughter. Here's a (non-verbatim) transcript of my peek into her world.

Introducing Caiden the Three Year Old!

Mama: Caiden, what your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
Caiden: Go to the playground
M: what is your favorite thing to do with Mama?
C: go for walks and snuggle.
M:what is your favorite thing to do with Addison?

C: Read books to her.



M :What is your favorite food?
C: Eggplant and stir-fry (don't worry- these are two SEPARATE foods!) =)
M: what's your favorite thing to drink?
C: Apple juice and for a surprise I like eating ice cream or cookies!!!

M: What's your favorite toy TODAY?
C: I like playing with my kitchen and my castle too!
M:Who is your best friend?
C: Addison
M:Where is your favorite place to GO?
C: I already told you- to the Playground- oh, wait- and Disney!
M: What is your favorite book?
C: Amelia Bedelia and Fancy Nancy books.

M:What's your favorite thing to do with G-Ma and Pi-Paw?
C: When G-Ma comes to visit me when you work, and going to Disney too! When I was 2, Pi-Paw took me to a playground- that was my favorite!

M: What's your favorite thing to do with Nana and Papa?
C: I like to read books and spend time with them.

M: What is your favorite thing to do with G.G.?
C: I like going to her house and playing with her toys.

M: What's your favorite thing to do with your Aunts?
C: Going outside and jumping in leaves with my new friend, Emma.

M:What do you like to do with Uncle Tim and Aunt Sarah?
C: I like going on dates with them.

M:What do your favorite thing about Uncle Jay and Aunt Kristin and your cousins?
C: I like seeing them at Disney and playing with them. And I'm happy about the books they gave me for my birthday! (We took her book shopping with the gift card they gave her for her birthday and she bought, Sammy the Seal and Fancy Nancy- Bonjour Butterfly.)

What's your favorite thing about Uncle Aaron and Aunt Kris?
C: When they come see me and I wake up from my nap and they are HERE!!!

What your favorite thing about Aunt Heather and Uncle Michael?
C: I like then coming over to my house!!

What is your favorite song?
C: My favorite song used to be "Mighty to Save" but now my favorite is Signing Time
What is your favorite movie?
C: Cinderella

What is your favorite doll? Minnie

What is your favorite thing to DO at home?
C: Do crafts!

And there you have it folks! Can you tell that her love language is Quality Time? =)

4 comments:

Raquel said...

so cute!

Allie said...

Shannon, I love this! Glad you wrote it down. And somehow I missed the Addison post until just now - it's great, too! I love the hat pictures. Miss you, friend!

agable said...

She's so adorable!

Mrs said...

If God ever allows me to become a G.G., you can bet I'll have toys to play with! In fact, I've already started collecting them!