Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Addison

In honor of this being Addison's birth month, I wanted to share with you a little of the joy we get from her every day.

Addison is an amazingly sweet, precious, funny child. She is our cuddle bug. We begin each day by entering her room to find a joyous, radiantly smiling little girl standing in her crib, bouncing with excitement. She always looks behind me and says, "Sis" . Waking up is always more fun when your sister is around!! Upon waking, she loves to snuggle for a few minutes. I just soak it up!

When I'm running around, getting stuff done, she will crawl over, catch my attention, pulling me in with her dark eyes and then just laugh. Not just a chuckle- I mean a great, long, belly laugh that never fails to end in hiccups. All you have to do to incite those hiccups on your own is s-l-o-w-l-y look in her direction with a mischievous look on your face and she will collapse in hysterics. It's rather delightful!

When she nurses, she intertwines her fingers in my hair and caresses it gently. She has just learned to say, "Milk!" and is thrilled with how effective that command is, although sometimes she will add a signed, "please" for good measure. She is now consuming solid meals 2-3 times a day and is a huge fan of big people food. Her favorite seems to be Cheerios so far. Caiden is so excited so finally be able to share some of her food with Addison. They are often caught sharing their juice cups as well. Last week at church they shared their Cheerio snack for the first time, and it was adorable.

When we're grocery shopping, Addison leans over the cart to look for her sister and squeals and laughs when she catches her attention. Caiden loooves entertaining Addison and will keep it up the entire trip. I break up "the love" several times a visit because the decibel level increases at a very rapid pace and I try to be sensitive to those around me. Last week Caiden protested, "But Mom, I'm just loving my sister!" Heaven forbid I stand in the way of that!!!

She is mimicking more every day. She tries to repeat everything you say. It's amazing! Last week my sister (Aunt Heather- more affectionately known as Aunt Heath) came over and she was playing with Addison. She taught her, "A is for Addison, Big "A", Little A- "a, a, a". Two days later Caiden announced that she "made an A" as she was coloring and Addison says "a,a,a" and when I congratulated her she told me, "Heath". And I remember thinking at the time, "she's a little young for that ." Humph. The child is brilliant!

Addison also loves hats as much as Caiden loves bows. See? >

She appropriates those all on her own. It's way too cute! Of course, Jeff loves it! ;)

Well, there are so many more things I could share with you, but I'm falling asleep on the job. Good night!

No comments: