Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thankful Tuesday!

I know that it probably would sound better to have a "thankful Thursday", but next week will mark the beginning of my Thursdays at work, and I know I won't have time to blog on Thursdays, so Tuesday it is! =) Here's a continuation of our list from before.

We will share with you some highlights of this week's "Thankful Game" as Caiden calls our evening routine of sharing thankful hearts with each other at our dinner table. I have a very leggy, wiggly, happy girl on my lap right now, helping me to remember.

201. I'm thankful for God's grace over the girls and I while we were at camp. It was the first year that I didn't have a sister with me to help, and we all survived none too worse for wear- just tired!

202. I'm thankful that we WERE able to fit two pack-n-plays in our tiny room at camp.

203. I'm thankful for our in-door private bathroom, and shower and air conditioning in our little room- no one else had those amenities!

204. I'm thankful for the Rubbermaid container that doubled as the girls bath tub, and for wet, sudsy girls who enjoyed their first baths together.

205. I'm thankful for the laughter that ensued during every afternoon bath (the evening baths were soon discarded as everyone involved was too tired to be cheerful or sweet).

206. I'm thankful for my camp secret pal and how she made Caiden her own secret pal so she wouldn't be left out.

207. I'm thankful we got to sneak away from camp one day to go see my sister Kristin, who lives 1 hour away from camp. It was a lovely rural drive and I so enjoyed getting to see her home for the first time and her massive and prolific garden. She is my gardening hero right now!

208. For Caiden with cherry tomato seeds liberally dribbled down her white shirt while gleefully snacking in Kris' garden, and for her first lessons on picking tomatoes, corn, and beans.

209. For my Mom who got the tomato stains out of Caiden's shirt! She's my laundry hero!

210. For my wrap that carried Addison all over camp, and my nursing cover that enabled me to feed her during the only two sessions I made it to.

211. For our time in TN with my WHOLE family! It has been 8 months since we've all been together at one time! Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!

212. For the courage to go tubing with my girls husband, and siblings. The most fun I've had in a LONG time! Such beauty!

213. C- "For the llama's we saw when we were tubing!"

214. C-"And the cows too- and the baby ones!" She said, as she wriggled off my lap to play beside me.

215. For how Addison laughs the most adorable, contagious, gasp for air, and hold your sides kind of laugh when her sister is being silly.

216. For how the girls love on each other.

217. C- "For my little sister- she is my friend."

218. For how well the girls traveled and kept themselves occupied with library books, small toys and each other during the long road trip home.

219. For Addison's first Brave's game that we were able to catch in Atlanta on our way home.

(She really did enjoy herself! It certainly beat the experience we had when we took Caiden for the first time and half froze our pitooties off!)



Both girls kept the fans all around us entertained and we saw Chipper hit a home run!

220. For Addison's new grin with her tongue sticking out- is there not anything cuter in all the world?

221. For the unique and funny names Caiden comes up with (and remembers!) for her babies: Iz-awn, Eef, Fawna.

222. That Addison LOVES "the jumpy thing"- as C affectionately dubbed the Jumparoo seat.

223. For our computer and internet access on a consistent basis.

224. For the pictures family and friends send us while we are camera-less (except for Jeff's iPhone, which is where the Braves pics came from).

225. For the grace to survive our first night without binkies for Caiden, and that I didn't cave in.

226. That I have a snuggle bug in my Addie-girl.

227. That I get a massage tomorrow! (Thank you to the Dey family!)

228. That our sweet potato and basil survived our extended absence.

229. For moments like this one to bask in a heart over flowing with thankfulness, with classical piano music in the background and one baby napping, one playing quietly. What a blessed life I have!

1 comment:

Mrs said...

Your girls are so precious! I can't wait to hear Caiden speak. Kate told me all about her impending visit from the binkie fairy and the "leeetle presents" the fairy would leave. I wanted to hear her voice!