Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas break

This break has been wonderful and I'm not looking forward to returning to work this week. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of the big things that happened: celebrating Jesus' birthday, Caiden's second birthday party, or Heather's wedding. But, I know that my Mom does, so when I get a chance to get over there, I'll be sure and post again.

Here are a few to tide you over in the meantime. Here we are making a birthday cake for Jesus.



Every Christmas Eve we go to the Christmas Pagent at church, go out to dinner, and then home to open gifts as a family. Christmas Day we have a party for Jesus and eat cake. This year our plans changed when Caiden fell asleep on the way home from dinner and we had to wait to open gifts until Christmas day. Here is our family picture taken on Christmas Eve after church.


This last one is of Caiden enjoying her Christmas present- an easel, paint, and Winnie the Pooh painting pages. As you can see, she's delighted!



Her birthday party was actually ON her birthday this year (two days after Christmas) and all of our extended family came! That is, except for Pipaw who was on a trip (he's a pilot) and Papa who was called out that morning to investigate a crash (he's a highway patrolman). It was sad that they weren't there, but at least Caiden got to talk to them on her special day. Even Aunt Kris called from Tennessee to wish her a happy day! Several of her friends couldn't come due to colds. =( We played at a park, ate pizza, fruit, veggies, and cupcakes, and opened gifts. Daddy gave her a xylophone, I gave her a baby sling that I sewed for her, and her birthday book (a scrap book of her second year).

I'll write more later, but for now I'm off to bed! This last month of pregnancy is more exhausting than I remember! =)

1 comment:

Mrs said...

I can't believe you guys got her to walk down the aisle, AGAIN! What a trooper!