Thursday, September 04, 2008

WHEW!!!

Wow! What a summer. I would apologize for not keeping up with the blog, but if you knew what we've been experiencing this summer, you wouldn't even give it a second thought. Trust me. =)

I may try and process some of our experiences this summer at another time, but for now, I'd like to make an exciting announcement:
WE'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY!!! =) =)
I am currently 17 weeks pregnant- surprise! The baby is due at the end of Feb. I am finally feeling good again. Thank you Jesus! The first three months were pure torture. I barely left my house. Forget church, youth group, or anything absolutely essential. I had morning sickness from 9:30-11:30, and then from 2:30-7:30 or so. (I slept when Caiden napped from 12:00-2:30 every day) That gave me a few hours in the morning to go grocery shopping, or get meals ready for the day (because if it didn't get done then, it wasn't happening!) It was not fun. But it gave me a new appreciation for my normally good health, and for women who experience that their entire pregnancy!
We had to wait until week 12 to tell out parents for various reasons, and then I didn't want to post until after I told my principal, which I finally got a chance to do yesterday. =)So, now you know what I've been doing this summer- growing another little Peanut! =) (Among other things, of course.) I'll share about the rest of it another time. For now, I just wanted to celebrate!!

6 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

congratulations!!!!! will you find out if the baby is a boy or girl??

Mrs said...

Glory! Praise! Congratulations!!!

Wow, all of your sisters have had a secret as well! They get kudos for keeping this one. :-)

Phyllis' mom said...

We rejoice with you....

LindzML said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you both!! This semester seems to be full of weddings and babies and I'm so excited that one of them is yours!

Following Forward said...

I was checking in to ask you a question and saw this post...AHHHHH!!! Congrats Shannon! I am so excited for you both!! What a blessing!

Can you hop on over to my blog and give me your opinion? I respect you and Jeff a lot and I know you are also a Mommy who is trying to be Jesus to your kids...

Thanks! and congrats again!!!

Following Forward said...

I was checking in to ask you a question and saw this post...AHHHHH!!! Congrats Shannon! I am so excited for you both!! What a blessing!

Can you hop on over to my blog and give me your opinion? I respect you and Jeff a lot and I know you are also a Mommy who is trying to be Jesus to your kids...

Thanks! and congrats again!!!