Sunday, July 06, 2008

More blessings

17. That 13 year old Addison (from our youth family) is now dancing with Jesus and is once again healthy after a four year battle with an unknown disease.
18. That we have a church family that surrounds us as we walk through the messiness of grief.
19. Twice baked potatoes- 'nuf said!
20. For dear friends who after out growing their Little Tykes pool, gave it to us for Caiden.
21. The sheer delight that moves over her face as she slides down the pool's slide.
22. For negative test results!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we had to test Caiden for Cystic Fibrosis this week...how's that for terrifying?!)
23. That Dr's are wrong, and God is big!
24. For peppermint tea
25. Watching Caiden playing with her cousins, Connor and Landon
26. For our public library that is so close to our house that we get to walk to it.
27. For the rare opportunity to read a historical novel
28. Re-reading anything my Gene Stratton Porter
29. For my husband who spent the entire day working in the yard, garage, cars, etc. and now everything OUTSIDE of our house is gorgeous! =)
30 For a patient husband who knows that I'll get the house spotless someday...and that I really do try. =)

3 comments:

Shaye said...

I jsut wanted to say that I enjoy visiting your blog. I might have to start my list of 1000--many of your blessings are mine, too. :) Thanks, Shannon!

LindzML said...

Your blessings are truly awesome, and I want you to know that even at Wingmann we are praying for you all and Addison's family as you deal with the loss of one of God's children. With both Becca and now Ginny spending the lion's share of their summers with me, I've been touched in a small way by what's gone on and am truly sorry for everyone's loss, but am happy for Addison's gain. Miss you and God bless!

Lindsay L.

I am a Monkey's Mama said...

Hey there...I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you are ok. If there is anything you need, just call me, you have my number.

Angela