Thursday, April 19, 2007

Absenteeism


I'm still alive! Jeff and I both have been down for the count with nasty colds so life has gotten a little more complicated. I even missed two days of work.... but tomorrow we're off so I have a few days to rest and focus on getting healthy.

Praise God that Caiden is still healthy!! I've been wearing a mask when I feed her to eliminate excessive germs and she thinks that is just comical. In other new developments, she found her thumb this week. I am relieved that she's found a way to soothe herself because she hates her pacifier with a purple passion. =) She's still sleeping through the night- 9:30-6:30 which is a blessing I'm thankful for every day! She is really getting to be a lot of fun. She is intrigued by everything around her and if she's stuck looking at the same thing for too long, she'll kindly remind you that you're slacking on your job. =) She loves watching me sign to her, and she seems to be fascinated by reading books. She still enjoys our walks in the neighborhood and sitting outside. I often bring her out into the garage while Jeff is working out there or washing the car, and she is quite content to be in the midst of any activity. Every night I bring her into the kitchen and talk to her while I make dinner. The way I figure it, she'll be taking over for me in a few months. She is making strides at rolling over, making it to her side and teetering, but never really completing the rotation. I think the actually rolling part intimidates her.
I am loving being her Mom and miss every moment I have to be away from her. She's at such a fun age! Hopefully things will get a little easier in the next week or two as I get better, and I intend to be better at updates. Gotta run!

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Look how much she's changed from the picture below! She's so adorable!

You should hear her Aunties talk about her. Caiden does this. . .Caiden does that. . . I love it!

billmancn said...

She is getting so big! How beautiful! I am always amazed when you mention how she is content to watch you do things... Chris is not usually content unless I am waving a new toy in his face every five minutes! :) Especially in the evening - he demands our constant attention. And should we stop giving him that attention, he informs us of his displeasure by screaming at us at the top of his lungs! He sits up now, though, so he is better able to "play" with toys on his own - I can sometimes put him on the rug and he'll play by himself - until he falls over and accidentally rolls away from all of his toys! That makes him really mad :)
Are you going to have summers off? We'll have to get together!

Shannon said...

Hi Caroline! Yes! I'll have the summer off- so we definitely need to get together. Caiden is much bigger now so Chris won't look so much like Goliath next to her. =)
You should teach Chris some signs so he can communicate his desires without so much screaming. If you're interested, the next time we're together I can teach you some basics to get you started.