Thursday, March 01, 2007

Work

I found out yesterday that I have to return to work sooner than I thought. As in, a week and a half sooner than I thought. And I'm just not ready. I KNOW that we have to do this because of the insurance, and it's just for two months, but I'm really struggling. I'm sure that's normal, and being emotional is expected, but this is really hard. I'm trying not to be emotional so I don't upset the baby...and I know that crying won't help anything, but I'm really, really sad. The good thing, is that I start back on a Wednesday, which is a short day, and I only work two days before Spring Break kicks in and I get a long week with my baby girl.
Logistically I know this will be so challenging...Caiden is still waking twice or three times a night to nurse, and I will have to be out of the house by 7:00 every morning. She is still nursing every two hours or so except when she takes her morning nap (3-4 hours). The good thing is that I won't have any trouble pumping at 9:00, and 11:00, and 1:30 (hopefully Mom can bring Caiden to me during my lunch break at 11:00 so I can nurse her myself). So, that is only two or three (max) feedings that I won't be able to give her myself. That is a blessing.
If you all think of us, please pray for us- emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and logistically. Learning to juggle all of these things will be challenging for sure.

5 comments:

Mrs said...

Dearest Girl,

Did your mom talk to you about Florida Kidcare yet? They base it on your income. I paid $15.00 per month for all three of my kids, and whey Ty broke his arm the most I paid was $16.00! It was a blessing to have.

My heart is aching and breaking for you. How stressful even to think of your schedule and the pumping you'll have to do, much less trying to get out the door in a timely manner!

Forgive me for butting in, but do you have to go back to work in order to keep your insurance with the school? Do you have the option of continuing to pay for the insurance yourself, even if you're no longer working there? Or, are you working for two more months and then your insurance ends anyway?

I know not having insurance can be a scary thing, but it's NOT the end of the world. John and I have been married 21 years, and we've only had insurance for the last two! We paid cash for everything. Sometimes we didn't like being in debt while we paid off hospital bills, but we DID pay them off (when Ty was born, we paid cash; with Kelly and Glenna the state assisted). As long as you are paying SOMETHING, there's nothing they can say.

You also have a huge advantage we didn't have in our early marriage; you belong to the Body of Christ! Your needs are our needs. You know we are here in any emergency.

Insurance is my pet peeve. How many thousands do we pay year after year for a MAYBE? Grrrrr.. ..

Allie said...

Oh Shannon! I can imagine how hard it would be to go back to work... I'l be praying for you and for Caiden. Please let me know if I can help somehow...I could always pick up Caiden at your mom's and bring her to you to eat if you need me to be back-up for your mom. I'm glad you're trying to keep your chin up.

Shannon said...

Allie, you're amazing! Thanks for the offer...I very well may take you up on it. I'll pass along your offer to my Mom so she knows in case of scheduling conflicts.

Yes, Mom spoke to me about Kidcare, but apparently they base it off of your income and we make "too much" for them to cover us, or something like that. Yes, I have to keep working to keep the insurance...we can't afford to pay for it without my income. It's really expensive. I'll work for two more months, and my insurance will continue until Oct. I'm hoping to go back next year part time- three days one week, the next- two days, and they will cover my insurance completely. That is, unless a miracle happens and we can find a way to make it without. But, I haven't spoken to my principal about that yet, so PRAY!! I'm also not giving up hope that God will be creative and pull a miracle for us!

Phyllis said...

Oh, my!!! I knew nothing about this. I can't imagine anything more terrible. I will definitely be praying.

Mrs said...

I'm glad to hear it will last through Oct! What a relief. I'll be praying for that miracle!