Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grace

Well, I made it! My first day back to work is over. I even got out early because the school just finished FCAT testing, and the Principal sent us all home early as a reward. =) I felt the prayers of so many today! I didn't even cry. I almost lost it when I kissed my sweet baby girl goodbye, but the teacher I work with was walking in at the same time, waited for me, hugged me and quickly distracted me. Thank you Jesus for angels in disguise! Even my Principal found me today and let me know that he understood that I didn't want to be there, but that he was so glad I was back. How sweet! Everyone was so kind, and one teacher even let me use her room to nurse Caiden during my lunch break. The little boy I interpret for finally understood by the end of the day that I was back full time, and he was very excited. Even his reaction was a blessing from the Lord.

Caiden survived beautifully. She even stayed on schedule! Of course I was thrilled to "get her back" and I was even hesitant to put her down for her afternoon nap. We did have some quality time with cooing and smiles and nursing before she dozed off though, and I treasured those moments with my whole heart.

Thank you to all who prayed for me today. Your love and support mean so much! One more day until Spring Break!! =)

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Enjoy your sprinig break, Shannon! I know I will be! ;-D

Jan Zeiger said...

Hey..one more thing, did you know there are a lot of things you can do from home? You are a great writer.. You could do freelance writing. You could write a book. You could be a private tutor.. I do homeschool consulting, evaluations, etc..

You could cut your costs by using cloth diapers if you're not doing so already. You could do all homemade baby food. There are also lots of costs associated with working full-time.

Anyway, those are just some ideas!