Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Adventures

Yesterday we had an advenure- actually several of them...all before we left the house. =) Let me share. The day began with promise: the sun was shining, the sky was clear, the birds were chirping, and Caiden took a moment during her morning nursing session to smile sweetly at her Momma. Jeff and I showered, and then gave Caiden her bath. She smelled delicious, she looked adorable in her little sweater and bow- I was ready to share her with the world. Which was beneficial since we had to be out of the house by 9:00.

Well, 8:45 rolls around and the most terrifying sound comes out of our sweet smelling princess. Even she was surprised at the sheer force of it. And then, the clean scent of our infant was overshadowed by the smell of something rotten. Jeff and I exchaged glances and with fear and trembling looked underneath muttering a prayer for clean clothes. Apparently God thinks this is humorous. They are NOT clean. Caiden has added a new color to her floral sweater.... it doesn't match very well. We remove her diaper, her clothes, and put her back in the tub. After the second round, we're feeling the rush. We've GOT to get out of the door. Now, it is unclear whether the smell of haste whetted her appetite, or whether she realized that her tummy was now empty after all of her hard work, but Caiden decides to, in no uncertain terms, demand food. Okay, I obliged hoping that a snack would hold her over until we had arrived at our destination. I guess Caiden did not like the brightness of her second outfit, for up came the milk and doused those bright colors right out. I groaned, Jeff grouned, and Caiden smiled. On to outfit number three. Finally we left, and arrived for our lunch date at 12:00. Sigh. We parked, grabbed the carrier and headed for the restaurant. Oh no....either someone has set off fireworks nearby, or our baby is working in her new diaper- and her third outfit calls it quits. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, or both- alternatingly. Caiden is quite content for the remainder of the day- having entertained herself thoroughly. I promised her that if her would hold the tricks, I would find much more fun things to do in her spare time. To which she cheerfully hiccupped.

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

I assume you're using diaposable diapers? In our experience, they leak like that. Cloth doesn't! :-)

Shannon said...

Yes, we're using disposables because people have given us so many that we are using those first. (we have yet to buy diapers, and are set for the next two sizes too!) Also because Mom will watch her for the two months I go back to work, I'm not going to ask her to do cloth during that time. Hopefully by summer we can try the cloth. =)

Mrs said...

Hee hee hee . . . .

Sorry, but all I can do is grin at this!

Your mom is tougher than you think. Throw the cloth diapers at her. I really find them easier! Just tell her to toss them in a plastic bag and you'll launder them at home.

However, I can also hear her telling you to use the disposables so they "don't go to waste."

;-D

Mrs said...

Hee hee hee . . . I'm sorry, but all I can do is laugh at this!

I agree with Phyllis. Your mom is tougher than you think; give her the cloth to use! However, I CAN hear her insisting on using the disposables so they "don't go to waste." ;-)

If this is a re-post, just delete it. I've had trouble posting lately. I type in the code and it says I did it incorrectly, etc. I tried to post this earlier and it never said it was saved for your approval.

Phyllis said...

If not cloth, at least try some other brand of disposibles! :-)

Phyllis said...

Oh, yeah, even if the disposable diapers were a gift, you could exchange them for another brand or something else, couldn't you?

Shannon said...

I guess I could exchange them, but I don't know where they came from! =(