Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things that come in twos...

Well, today Caiden had her two week Doctor appointment, and we found out that she had gained two inches and 2 ounces since last week! =) Now she is 6 lbs and 12oz., 20 inches long. My baby is growing up! ;)

She also lost her umbilical cord yesterday, and took her first walk around the neighborhood. Today we visited my Dr. and hers, and had her first visit to Grandma's house. It was so much fun. First we got to see the Grandview gang when Mom dropped Kate and Bekah off for sewing lessons (ahh, adults again!) and then we came back to the house and Grandma and Great-Grandma watched her while I took a much needed nap. It was lovely!

We still haven't ironed out the day and night confusion, but I think I'm going to go to bed at 8:00 tonight. (Poor Jeff has to be awake until after youth group tonight, so atleast one of us should be rested.) Currently, even after my nap, I could stand to sleep 24 hours straight- that's how tired I am. Please pray for Jeff...he really needs his sleep and he hasn't been getting any, and now that he's back to work, that just makes it that much harder. Please pray for mercy over him so that he can sleep through Caiden's tendency to loudly protest evening sleep routines. =)

Well, that's all for now folks.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Shannon - thanks for stopping by! I was so glad to get to see Caiden. She's wonderful, as you already know. And thanks for the prayers. I'll pray for you two when Iain and I are up, too. It'll be comforting to know that another mom is up with her baby and praying for us as I pray for them. And I'd love to talk diapers and anything else sometime. Let me know if I can bring by a meal and stop in for a visit!

Love,
Allie
p.s. I left a comment on your last post, but it never showed up. Hope this one will....

Mrs said...

More precious even than seeing Caiden today was your sweet hug! It was SOOO good to see you! I'm sorry we got you laughing and hurt your tummy!

You look beautiful, Shannon. Mommyhood becomes you! I hope your migraine was brief. . . hated to hear about that. Perfect time and place for it to happen though, huh?

Phyllis said...

Remember I asked prayer for Nadya? She had a baby girl yesterday. They did a c-section, but she must be doing well, because she called to let everyone here know!