Thursday, January 04, 2007

Life as a Mommy

I'm in love. I admit it. I may not be getting much sleep, but when Caiden smiles in her sleep, somehow I forget about it. I guess God designed it that way for a reason. One of my favorite things is to watch Jeff with her. He is smitten. I love walking into the room and finding him cuddling her or talking to her, beginning their father-daughter relationship. It's precious.
And Caiden is a funny girl. She is just eager in everything she does. She was eager to get here early, she is an eager eater, she is in a hurry to do everything. Sometimes I wonder if we mis-named her...Emily (one of our first choices) means "eager"...hmmm. Oh well.
I'm still hurting quite a bit, although I'm not taking the Rx pain meds any more. I'm just trying to give myself permission to take things slowly and not push it. So, most days I just sit on the couch with her, or take naps with her, and I'm doing well if I get a shower in. =)Jeff has been able to take off to be home with us, and that has been a HUGE help and source of joy for me.
Well, the baby is beginning to stir, and knowing her, she'll want to eat pronto. =)

4 comments:

Mrs said...

Oh joy, joy! Bravo for your conscious decision to enjoy each nanosecond! What could be more important than snuggling a sweet baby girl? Makes me want to snuggle with mine!

The reports are coming in on Caiden and I'm drinking them up. Praising God that Jeff's able to be home right now! Stay in your cocoon as long as you can, dear family! We're praying for your recovery.

Blessings to each of you,
JoAnna

Phyllis said...

You made me smile! Thank you for sharing a little of how much you're enjoying Caiden and how sweet she is. Yes, go slowly; I wasn't up and around so soon myself, and that was without major surgery. We keep praying for you. . . .

Allie said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I know how hard it can be to keep up with things with a new little one around. I can't wait to meet her. I think we're about done with this cold, but I won't come near until I'm sure. By the way, Iain started wearing his new fuzzi bunz two days ago - so far so good!

Many blessings!! Enjoy every day with Caiden. And I know what you mean about sleep smiles. Iain still does that when he's nursing at night sometimes, and it makes all the difference. Sometimes some things are more important than sleep. (and other times... :)

Phyllis said...

Janeene says hi from PNG! How's that for a roundabout message: Papua New Guinea to Russia to Florida. :-) She can email, but not get on the internet.