Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Etc.

I don't really have any specific purpose in mind at the moment for writing, but I wanted to touch base so you all wouldn't get worried. Here are some snippets from my week:

Yesterday I picked 6 snap peas from the vine- atleast 14 more are almost ready. The beans have slowed down, and the spinach and tomatos are speeding up. I still haven't picked a ripe tomato...they take an awfully long time to ripen. One of my plants still doesn't even have one on it. How strange. I wonder if that happens often. It has plenty of flowers, but no tomatos....hmmm.

The other day at school one little 2nd grade boy was talking with his friend. He was being quite rowdy and not heeding the advice of his friend to calm down. So his friend looked at him sternly and said, "If you don't cut it out, I'm going to have to call the 'SQUAT' team on you!" I'm still laughing!

Tonight I'm going to hang out with some old friends from Wesley. Two of them are teachers in the area, and the other works with a missions organization that ministers to Chinese exchange students. I'm looking forward to some time to debrief, have community and share in their lives.

We're beginning the first stages of planning for the Daughters of the King weekend for 6th-12th graders. It's a weekend focusing on teaching them about their identity in Christ. I'm primarily in charge of it, so it's a little stressful, but after what God did last year, it's not so hard to trust him with it this year. I'm just praying a lot! =)

I'm also beginning to pray for a bed for our spare room. Jeff just invited some family to stay with us during a visit, and, well, they have nowhere to stay- unless they take our bed and we take to the sleeping bags. Which is a possibility... =)

Well, that's all for now...until we meet again.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

You might want to see if this sweet face looks familiar. :-)