Friday, November 18, 2005

Randomness

Today I feel like being random. Partly because I am coming down with a cold and I am incapable of forming any logical thought. I think the cold weather did it...that, or the kiddos I'm around every day. Well, maybe not the cold weather, (being it's in the 60's) but it doesn't help me feel any better.
So, yesterday, my baby brother turned 18 years old! Of course, he's been 6'3 since he was 12, so maybe the "baby" part has been gone for a while, but still. I find it hard to believe that he's 18. I find it hard to believe that I'm not. I remember 18 very well. I graduated from high school, entered college..thought I was so old... Yikes. I wonder if that's how he feels? Smile. I'm very proud of that brother of mine. He's turned out to be a very honorable, very responsible (most of the time) very nice man-child. (that's what people call him, you see) And now he's growing up...sniff! =)
Yesterday at school we celebrated Thanksgiving. The kids dressed up in construction paper that was colored and fashioned to look like Pilgrim and Indian (um, now the correct term is Native American) garb. Then they ate turkey, mashed potatos, pumpkin pie, apple pie, etc. They were way too cute. All day we worked on making our own butter. I had never done that before and I think I was just as amazed as they were. They also made bread in a bread machine (there wasn't an oven available, you see). We didn't get much else accomplished though..the kids were so excited they didn't know what to do with themselves. =) It was such a joy to share in it with them. Fun stuff!
Tonight we're having a social get-together for the sixth graders who we have fondly dubbed "the Junior Mints"- it's complicated- don't ask. Well, you can if you want. I've been looking forward to it all week, but now I'm not really feeling so hot- so it's up to the Holy Spirit to give me the energy I need.
That's all for now...

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold! I'll pray for you. I have two snotty little noses with me here, too. :-(

Happy birthday to Tim! Remember that you and I got to be friends because my family made a meal for yours when he was born?